Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 10-17-2016, 08:34 AM

Bad or Missing File Form

The instructions for fixing this error are not working for me.

I am unable to print or email ONLY proposals.

I do not have a backup from before the problem began to restore from.

Does anyone have an more efficient way for me to repair this? My "proposal" form is still in my list when I look at them through Reports & Forms > Forms...

Also, I have attached a screenshot. This from clicking on a "Print Proposals" link, but when I get there my proposals don't show up, only sales orders.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (80.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by mrguinness; 10-17-2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: more info
Old 10-17-2016, 10:34 AM

Browse out to your data folder and rename the Forms folder to OLDForms and then run the installation Repair. To do that run the normal installation function and it should recognize you already have the program installed and it will give you an option to Repair it. After the repair is done make sure to install and version updates.
You can contact me directly if you need further assistance.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/
Old 10-17-2016, 10:38 AM

Actually, I JUST fixed it. I copied all of the clean-install original default Sage FRM files (which I kept from a recent local reinstall) to the existing network "Forms" folder, and that seems to have done the trick.

Last edited by mrguinness; 10-17-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: mistype
Old 10-17-2016, 10:41 AM

Great, that is basically doing the same thing so you should be good to go. I would check your AV software to make sure it is not scanning anything Sage related, also turn down your computers UAC setting. Not sure exactly why the forms go bad but I suspect other programs are interfering.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/