Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Classic and DOS forum

Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 AM

Can u run Ver 13.0 under windows 7 64 bit?

I just bought a new comoputer with Win 7. It is a 64 bit machine. I was running Ver 13 on my old computer which had xp and was a 32 bit. I transferred the program but keep getting the error message. ARPROC.2PTModule error 2147024770 specified module could not be found. Is there a fix for this? I also get the same error code when I try to use invoicing also just get an SP in front instead of AR. Thank you for any help you can give.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 PM

The basic answer to your question is no. Most of the Peachtree Classic Version 13.0 file should be compatible but the Utilities program and the IQ Report Writer are NOT Win7 compatible. The program will freeze when you attempt to execute any aspect of Peachtree that requires these elements.

Some users have suggested that if you use the Win7 Professional version that allows WinXP compatilbity that you can avoid these conflicts. However, this user has not test this scenario.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Win 7 Pro

I'm using Win 7 Pro and am able to run IQW. Have tried the Utility program but get a similar error
(","UTPROGS.PTModule") error-2147021770
Automation error
The specified module could not be found.

Will try to set some compatibility feature for Win 95 or XP and see if it solves the issue.

Win 8 can be used if you set up a virtual machine (3rd party software) and run peachtree in Win XP mode in the pop-up window created by the software. Thank you Microsoft!