Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Classic and DOS forum

Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 AM

Angry Peachtree Classic Release 12.05

We have been using the peachtree classic release 12.5 with windows XP with no problems backing up our data. We switched to windows 7, transferred all files over to the new operating system. Everything seems to work fine, but will not let me backup our work. It stores itself in Peachtree program, but when I try to back up to another drive, it says it is not available. Is there any suggestion out there to help me. I hate to keep using the program and not getting a back up of our work. Thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 12:24 PM

Here's what I do:
USB Flash drive to store my backups. I made directories for multiple copies of each module (i.e. Payroll 1, Payroll 2,.... GL1, GL2...).

Using Windows Explorer I copy the C:\PCA\PRDATA directory into the next Payroll # directory on my flash drive. Copy all files and subdirectories from your PRDATA (Payroll data files) directory so you are sure to have a complete back up.

I made directories #1 - #5 for each module on the Flash drive. I actually use 3 flash drives and have a total of 15 backups for each module (Read OVERKILL). This allows me to go "back in time" since the date/time stamp is different for each backup.

To RESTORE; I copy from flash drive to C:\PCA.

In case my flash drive quits, I use a separate backup program to copy them on a nightly basis onto an external hard drive.