Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 04-03-2016, 07:33 PM

Believe It Or Not Still Using 2006

I'm one of those people who believes, "if it ain't broke don't screw with it"
Well, maybe my 2006 is broke.
Years back I did move up to newer versions of PT, but did not like them and saw no benefit to them, so I went back to 2006. And 1 more thing, I'm still using XP.

I'm a single user, I don't use payroll or inventory. I use PT only for recording invoices, payments and creating statements.
If anyone around here was using 2006, you may remember the issue with the Statement not showing correct amounts or any amounts do at all. That was a bug that PT addressed with a SR. The bug has popped up again, but since 2006 is obviously no longer supported I can't access the SR to correct this problem. Short of moving on to a new version of PT, anyone have any ideas how to get this thing fixed.
Thanks.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:53 AM

Smile

Unfortunately I can't help with the issue you are having but I am a kindred spirit as I won't upgrade, EVER. I am using PT Complete 2008, also on XP and completely offline. I am able to modify my payroll tax tables and the only issue I have that I lost from my 2005 version is the ability to print w2s. For that I use Tax forms helper that comes with the paper w2 forms. It's a pain to load employees the first time - we only have 15, but they transfer to next year's software and I only have to enter the dollars. I will NEVER upgrade.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:39 AM

Pt 2006

I hope it is ok to ask you a question? I am trying to convert One Write Plus 8.0 to a version of peachtree (2006 would be fine). If you have a few minutes, would you be able to check your software and/or manual to see if this is supported? much appreciated, tx
Old 01-16-2017, 11:43 AM

Sage One

I, too, am a resistor; using PT2009.

If you are only invoicing, then you may want to consider the FREE version of SageOne. Most people don't know about it but for just invoicing and customer management, SageOne works well.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer View Post
I, too, am a resistor; using PT2009.

If you are only invoicing, then you may want to consider the dbal results FREE version of SageOne. Most people don't know about it but for just invoicing and customer management, SageOne works well.
Thanks Imagineer I'll give sageone a try.

Last edited by Demetrius; 10-03-2017 at 03:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:27 PM

This is a shot in the dark, but I was stumbling around my hard drive and came across a Peachtree Updates directory. Inside I found a file with SR update links.

The folder location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Peach and the file name is oupaw11.txt (Win 10 64 bit) Yes, it runs on Win 10 just fine.

The (LIVE!) link to my version is URL=http://cdn.updates.Peachtree.com/outest/pcwupdates/PCW2004SR1OLU.exe (mine is Peachtree Complete)

You might substitute your version in the download filename?

And yes, I'm STILL using PT 2004. It ain't broke.

Last edited by pjruane; 07-02-2017 at 12:30 PM.