Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 11-11-2014, 12:29 AM

What Files to Save with Backups, Old Versions?

Just installed Sage 50 - 2015 US Edition. I have my key companies converted over and everything is great. Next step is to organize various Peachtree old archived clients data. This data is on various old versions of Peachtree dating back over the past 10 years. What files in all these directories should I be saving. Do I only need to save the .PTB files? Or should I be saving the entire directory of data with the various files such as .DAT, .DDF, .PTL, .LCK and Directories such as FORMS, LETTERS, REPORTS, etc. Are all these files other then the .PTB existing in the new Sage 50 - 2015 which will be used should I ever need to import an old .PTB file?

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:03 AM

The PTB files are the backup files and would have all the information you would need per company. If you are asking what other files you need to backup, I would just backup the entire Company directory. That would have all the other information. Other than that the main files are the .dat files which hold all the data along with the .frm which are the forms. The DDF, lck and loc are program files and would be re-covered when reinstalling.
Ideally, the PTB files are all you would need.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/