Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 06-21-2013, 04:57 AM

We have begun using barcoding with Peachtree and it works great.

One thing that you need to know is that UK barcodes 39 uses a character to tell it to start and end the code.

When designing labels or forms you manually use the barcode font to put the first * followed by the item or document # followed by the *.

You can set you barcode scanner to also automatically insert an enter command to advance.

If you want to start cheaply, I suggest buying a bar code scanner gun on E-Bay. I have bought a couple of Symbol scanners for about $50 each.

Incidently, there is a GREAT new add-on product called ShipGear which works great with Peachtree and UPS Worldship. We have the Sales Order Number print in Barcode on the Packing List which then you simply need to scan and your data is instantly put into Worldship (you could manually enter that number or the invoice number if you don't have a scanner). UPS now includes this product in the Customer Technology Program, and if your volume warrants, will pay for it (or most of it).
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy313 View Post
actually,there are many resources about creating barcodes.if you search on the internet,you may find the them like barcode for VB.net SDK library,which supports 20+ major barcode symbologies, including Code 128, EAN13, GS1-18, UPC-A, QR Code, etc.
and by the way,i've used their barcode for c# control,not bad.
Thanks for your nice info. I will try it later. I am so glad that I have found a tool to help me with the barcode creating work for peachtree.

Best regards,
Arron
Old 12-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Are you using factor of sales? You'll have to decide how the feedback is managed. We used a bar program code typeface and printed bar program code scanners on the brand, program code 39 I think, then read the bar program code at our pos. The number on the bar program code was the item id.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Harris View Post
Are you using factor of sales? You'll have to decide how the feedback is managed. We used a bar program code typeface and printed bar program code scanners on the brand, program code 39 I think, then read the bar program code at our pos. The number on the bar program code was the item id.
yep, this is a good idea for ading with barcode

Last edited by cindy313; 12-13-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Harris View Post
HI there
I am testing about that recently.You said that your are using a barcode program.Is that supports to generate code 39 directly?Thanks a lot.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:50 AM

Hi, I am testing about the related online ean-13 barcode generating projects these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
Old 06-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Can I apply free .net barcode creating api into peachtree, like zxing?
Old 04-22-2015, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnygross View Post
Can I apply free .net barcode creating api into peachtree, like zxing?
I don't know whether Zxing bar code library is free, but online bar code generation website is free, besides, most bar code sdk have free trial.