Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 10-02-2014, 08:47 AM

Old invoice no #

On a client with multiple monthly sales transactions. I have a customer ledger with a transaction dated 12/24/09???
The transaction appears as unpaid without a transaction number. If I double-click on it I see the transaction but cannot change the date, add a transaction number or delete it.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
THANX
HN
Old 10-26-2014, 01:42 PM

Since it is in a closed year you cannot edit the transaction. Since it doesn't have a Reference number you don't see it available to writeoff either. So the workaround to assign the invoice number is to use the Batch Printing function. If you go to Reports/Forms and click on your invoice form, you then can choose Unprinted in the dropdown list and then hit the refresh button. You should see your transaction, choose to print it and say yes to assign invoice number. Then you can see it to write it off.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com