Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Classic and DOS forum

Old 04-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Peachtree Classic 13 a/p checks printing extra page

I have just upgraded from Peachtree Complete Accounting v. 11 for DOS to Peachtree Classic 13 for Windows XP. Everything was working perfectly on 11, and everything seems to be running smoothly on v.13 except printing checks from the Accounts Payable module. I am attempting to print checks to a continuous-feed Epson LQ-570e dot matrix printer on a usb-parallel print converter (which worked fine on version 11), and after setting the page size (which is 8.5" x 6.5"), Peachtree prints a blank page between each check. It's not trying to print on 8.5 x 11 paper, or else we'd be seeing the 2nd check printed misaligned by 2 inches (the difference between 6.5" x2 = 13" and 11"). The 2nd check is printing perfectly aligned, it's just printing two checks down on the continuous-feed paper instead of one.

To fix this, I have tried reinstalling the printer driver from a fresh download (multiple times), redefining the check feed custom page size to 8.5" x 6.6" (thinking that perhaps Peachtree was thinking there wasn't quite enough room for the first check, so it printed a blank one afterwards?), I've made sure that the printer is set to continuous and not direct in the Maintain Configuration Types -> CO -> Maintain Printer Setup menu, and that the default page size is set to the 8.5" x 6.5" custom size in that printer setup, in the windows printer setup, and in the advanced options under the windows printer selection that pops up each time I'm printing. I've also tried both the standard and custom check format, and with and without "OCR-ready check printing" selected. Everything I've seen is that you can't use direct printing for checks, so I've made sure the direct printing flag is set to N. So far nothing has worked.

I'm probably missing a very simple and obvious fix, but I certainly can't see it. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 PM

Is your continuous-feed paper actually perforated at every 6.5 inches?