PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Classic and DOS forum

Old 11-06-2006, 07:19 AM

Printing Reports In Landscape - v11

I recently acquired the job of maintaining our company Peachtree for DOS v11 installation. We have a networked configuration with a central server and three clients. I am not very familiar with Peachtree and do not have access to whatever setup documents came with the installation.

I have viewed the various threads regarding printing issues. I am using a USB HP LaserJet printer, but it has been networked as described in other threads (sharing and net use). The printer driver being used is the HP LaserJet IV printer and we can print everything that is needed with the exception of one PDQ report.

After all of that, here is the issue. We need to print a sales summary report (our PDQ report). The report prints but in portrait. This is an issue because part of the data is cut off on the output page. My users assure me that were we able to print the report in landscape, all of the data would be on the page. I don't know enough about the program to say whether this is the case or not.

I have been through the F5->Maintain Config->Manage Printers and can not find an "option" to use landscape printing (not sure if that is the exact menu sequence but I have been checking printer configs).

Do you have to choose a printer to send a report to? If so, can you tell the printer to print that report in landscape or are the printer settings pretty much set by the maintain printers entries? If not, how can I tell the printer to use landscape vice portrait (carriage width/height?)?

Thanks for any help you guys can give. If there is any more information I need to supply to help with this issue, please let me know.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM

PDQ Reprt Writer is an addon program to Peachtree. As such, the printer settings that you want to change are imbedded in the actual PDQ report itself.

Open PDQ, select the Sales Analysis View, enter your Company ID and the current AR Generation Number. Now migrate to STORED PROCEDURES and your PDQ report. Once the report has been loaded into memory, select TYPE of OUTPUT and then REPORTS. It is here that you will change the page layout. Check the form LENGTH to read 60 versus 66 to allow for printing on a laser printer versus a dot matrix printer. Further, change the WIDTH from 80 to a value as large as 132 (characters). Save the revised Report using a new name so as not to overwrite the original. This change will allow the report to print in compressed format but still in a portrait layout.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer