PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 03-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Procedure for Completely Removing Peachtree?

Hi,

Sorry for another message. The only time I really visit these boards is when I am trying to get a new installation to work.

I would like to know how to do a complete uninstall of Peachtree 2008 so that I can follow it up with a new installation.

With Vista's uninstall feature, there are dozens of remnants of Peachtree.

Also, I would like to know if installing the program to a different directory will make for a cleaner installation.

Thanks for any advice that can be provided.

Jeff Bennett
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 PM

You did not indicate what problems you experience installing Peachtree the first time so that we can understand how best to reply to your request.

In the case of a local install Peachtree, the program typically is located in C:\Program Files\Sage Software\Peachtree\Company. The Pervasive database engine installs to C:\PVSW. Both programs will be listed separately under the Windows Control Panel - Add / Remove Programs (WinXP). The primary Windows Registry Keys are located under Hkey_Local_ Machine - Software - Peachtree.

When installing Peachtree it is highly recommended that one disable all AntiVirus, Firewall and Anti-Spam related software as they can conflict / corrupt the install process.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 03-20-2008, 02:20 AM

Thanks for Your Second Reply

Hi Again, Rick,

Thanks for your reply.

In general I don't believe that I really have an installation problem with the original install. My problem is that I can't install the updates successfully (as I have detailed in other posts).

I disabled all aspects of Norton Internet Security before installing. There should have been no conflicts, either with the original installation or the updates.

I also started the program by right-clicking on the Peachtree icon and choosing Run as Administrator.

The point of the uninstall was to remove any files which may in some way have been corrupted and which might have been a problem with the update. (On one reinstall I even pointed to a different install location. That wasn't a complete success because Peachtree found the previous folder in which the company data was located.

The reason for wanting to update to SR3 was in hopes I could get away from the problem of Peachtree's failure after a backup. You would think that Sage would address serious problems like this in a more professional manner. But, that's a different subject entirely.

Thanks again for your help.

Jeff Bennett
Old 03-20-2008, 06:05 PM

Peachtree detects the location of the present or recent program path via the Peachtree INI file located in the C:\Windows folder that lists both the Program Path as well as the Datapath (i.e. PPA150.INI). As well within the Windows Registry, there is Peachtree - History folder that lists the Name of the last Company Opened and the datapath of the Last Recently Opened Companies.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer