To remove Peachtree 2007
1. Uninstall Peachtree via the Peachtree CD.
2. Go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and remove Pervasive.
3. Go to My Computer, the C: drive and delete the PVSW and PVSWARCH folders
4. Double-click on WINDOWS or WINNT, for Windows 2000 and delete the “PeachInst” folder.
5. Go to the C:\ Documents and Settings\”users folder name”\Application Data and delete the Peachtree folder.
6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\ and delete the “Peach” and “Pervasive Software Shared” folders.
7. Click the Back button to return back to the Program Files folder. Rename any folders labeled “Sage Software” or “Peachtree” to “oldSage Software” or “oldPeachtree”.
8. Go to Start>Run and type in “regedit” and click on OK.
9. Locate these keys and delete them:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PEACHW Release (10, 9, 8, or 7)
10.* Go to Start>Search>All Files and Folders (For Files and Folders in Windows 2000). In “All or Part of the File Name” type in p*.ini and click Search. Once the search is over, click on Name at the top of the page to alphabetize the list and look for PFA140.ini, PAW140.ini, PCW140.ini, PPA140.ini, PPAC140.ini, PPAM140.ini, PPAD140.ini, PPAN140.ini, PPAA140.ini, PTX140.ini or PTXA140.ini. If you see any of these files, delete them.
11. Go to Start>Run, type in %temp% and click OK. Delete everything in this folder that can be deleted. (NOTE: There are some files and folders that cannot be deleted.) Close the window.
12. Go to Start>Run, type in C:\Windows\Temp and click OK. Delete everything in this folder that can be deleted. (NOTE: There are some files and folders that cannot be deleted.) Close the window.
13. Reboot PC to complete the removal of the Peachtree program.
*Version 2008 is 150, 2009 is 160.