PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 12-16-2009, 08:03 AM

Peachtree 2007 with Windows 7

I am in desperate need of a new computer, but am wondering if Peachtree for Construction Premium 2007 will run on Windows 7.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to Marques Ward Send a message via Yahoo to Marques Ward
There is information in the knowledge base (peachtree) about using 2007 with vista. the issues would be similar. I am running 2010 on windows 7. This is the version you SHOULD use with windows 7.

Last edited by Marques Ward; 12-20-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:17 PM

Go to www.peachtree.com/vista and read the issues related to Windows 7 for Peachtree versions older than 2008. Window 7 is built on Windows Vista therefore the issues listed for Vista remain. You would be well advised to upgrade to Peachtree 2010 (SR1) which is Windows 7 compatible.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 12-19-2009, 11:04 AM

Peachtree 2007 on Win7

I'm using 2005 on a Windows 7 machine and so far I haven't had any problems.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to Marques Ward Send a message via Yahoo to Marques Ward
Of the versions I have tried, 2008, 2009, 2010 all work. I have also tried 2003 with no problem. I was unable to use 2006 with Vista. However, Peachtree is only going to support 2010 with windows 7. The other products were released prior to even beta versions of windows 7 and Peachtree will not attempt to make them compatible, So you use earlier versions of Peachtree at your own risk. (Which means you could see data corruption issues or other various problems. Ricks suggestion is best.

Last edited by Marques Ward; 12-20-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:26 PM

I have PT2006 for Manufacturing running on Windows 7. Have not tried all of the functions of PT2006, but the only problem so far is updates have to be done manually. PT2006 would not work with Vista, as it during the install, could not see any of the network drives.

Last edited by n3qik; 12-19-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Peachtree 2010 is Windows 7 compatible. Peachtree 2009 and earlier versions all exhibit various degrees of incompatiblity with Windows 7. The best choice here is to consider upgrading your Peachtree program to allow complete compatibility, and to take advantage of all of the features added over the past 4 generations of the software.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 10-19-2011, 09:18 AM

I had the same problem using Peachtree 2007 on Windows 7, I used a virtual PC to solve the problem. Here is the solution that worked 100% for me. You will need a Windows XP license key of some sort. I had an old PC that had an XP license I wasn't using. Some basic technical knowledge may be required for the following steps, nothing too complicated:-
  1. Boot Windows 7 as you would normally
  2. Download and install Virtual Box. You can get it free from www.virtualbox.org (Virtual Box is a virtual PC, you can read up on it via aforementioned website)
  3. Install Windows XP on your Virtual Box. If you don't know how to do this, read up on how to do it via the Virtual Box website. It's very easy
  4. Update your installation of Windows XP with all the service packs etc. via Windows Update. I'm sure you know how to do this
  5. Install the Virtual Box guest extensions so you can use USB devices and get better screen resolution etc. You can do this by selecting it from the program menus
  6. Insert your Peachtree 2007 CD and run it inside Virtual Box. It's just like using a PC only this time you are using a virtual PC in Windows 7

This will also work for Vista and probably any future versions after Windows 7 as long as Virtual Box supports them. Very useful if you have access to an old XP license key. May also work if you use an in-use XP key from another computer. If you don't have an XP key, probably cheaper to buy an XP original license rather than a new license for latest Peachtree.

EDIT: You can probably use any legacy version of Peachtree pre 2007 in a Windows 7 and above environment so long as you install an operating system on your Virtual Box that supports legacy Peachtree versions.

Last edited by darkpeach; 10-19-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Additional info added.....