PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 01-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Uninstall 2009 Complete Not Working

My 2009 froze up so many times today I'm ready to take a hammer to my computer. But, nothing else is malfunctioning - just Peachtree 2009. Not 2006 or 2008 which I also use. SO!

First I tried to re-install 2009 but got a message to "uninstall or repair from the autorun menu". So I started over and chose that but a repair option never shows up. The same process and message just keeps recycling.

So! I went to the control panel and chose to remove/uninstall Peachtree Complete 2009. It was a blip that was faster than the blink of an eye. Now Peachtree Complete 2009 does not show up in the Add/Remove Program list.

However, the program is still in "Programs" & I can access it as usual.

How can I get this monster off my computer so I can reinstall it???

Thanks,
Sharon
Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 PM

You need to download, install and run the Microsoft Installation Cleanup Utility in order to correct this problem.

(http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe)
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick Prindivill View Post
You need to download, install and run the Microsoft Installation Cleanup Utility in order to correct this problem.

(http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe)
I did as you suggested. No Peachtree item appears in the list to be cleaned up.

2009 does not appear in add/remove programs but it is in my programs because I can access it.

I tried AGAIN to install and I get as far as entering the serial number and the I get the message that it's already installed and then I'm back where I started. Help???

When I try to Remove or Modify using the cd, it tells me no Peachtree Accounting Products are found on this computer. That's crazy!! There are 3 Peachtree products on my computer.

Pervasive appears in my add/remove programs. Will removing the 2 items there affect either my 2006 or 2008 programs?

Sharon

Last edited by sdiazea; 01-27-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: More information
Old 01-28-2010, 09:38 AM

We're communicating about the same issue on 2 threads here - the other is "Uninstall 2009 Complete Not Working".
Can we continue on that one?
Thanks,
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiazea View Post
I did as you suggested. No Peachtree item appears in the list to be cleaned up.

2009 does not appear in add/remove programs but it is in my programs because I can access it.

I tried AGAIN to install and I get as far as entering the serial number and the I get the message that it's already installed and then I'm back where I started. Help???

When I try to Remove or Modify using the cd, it tells me no Peachtree Accounting Products are found on this computer. That's crazy!! There are 3 Peachtree products on my computer.

Pervasive appears in my add/remove programs. Will removing the 2 items there affect either my 2006 or 2008 programs?

Sharon
Old 01-28-2010, 06:24 PM

The next steps are to remove the Windows Registry Keys related to Peachtree installation. If you are not familiar with editing the Windows Registry then you should refer this to another person that is. If you should proceed to edit the Registry, be sure to backup (export) the Registry before attempting to modify it.

You will need to run REGEDIT from the Windows START - RUN line and then click on FILE and Export. Enter a unique name or date and click OK.

Next click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then the folder SOFTWARE. Right click on the Peachtree folder and select DELETE and confirm.

Next click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then the folder SOFTWARE. Right click on the Peachtree folder and select DELETE and confirm.

Click on FILE and Exit (the registry).

Now start the Peachtree install process again.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 01-29-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick Prindivill View Post
The next steps are to remove the Windows Registry Keys related to Peachtree installation. If you are not familiar with editing the Windows Registry then you should refer this to another person that is. If you should proceed to edit the Registry, be sure to backup (export) the Registry before attempting to modify it.

You will need to run REGEDIT from the Windows START - RUN line and then click on FILE and Export. Enter a unique name or date and click OK.

Next click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then the folder SOFTWARE. Right click on the Peachtree folder and select DELETE and confirm.

Next click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then the folder SOFTWARE. Right click on the Peachtree folder and select DELETE and confirm.

Click on FILE and Exit (the registry).

Now start the Peachtree install process again.
Rick:
I am comfortable editing the Registry and followed your instructions exactly - several times, as did my Computer Guru client, who stopped by. Peachtree cannot be removed! The messages remained the same as before I deleted the Peachtree folders in regedit. Install tells me to uninstall Peachtree. Repair tells me there is no Peachtree product on my computer. Do you have another solution?

In the meantime, Another item has popped up. After following your instructions and then importing the Registry backup, I cannot go from Peachtree 2006 to 2009. I get a Betrieve error message and have to reboot to go into 2009. That is new. How can I fix that?

Thanks,
Sharon
Old 01-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to Marques Ward Send a message via Yahoo to Marques Ward
You probably deleted the peachtree folders for 2006 and 2008. That would be why they don't work. A repair from the cd will probably fix them.

Sometimes the ini files still exist in the windows subdirectory. You may need to delete thosein order to reinstall. 2009 would be pcw160.ini for peachtree complete.

With multiple versions, you may step on another version doing this, but I have gone into the commom folder and deleted peach and pervasive folders and deleted the peachinst folder in windows also.

Yes, 2008, akd 2009 are very difficult to uninstall, the problem seems to be fixed in 2020.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marques Ward View Post
You probably deleted the peachtree folders for 2006 and 2008. That would be why they don't work. A repair from the cd will probably fix them.

Sometimes the ini files still exist in the windows subdirectory. You may need to delete thosein order to reinstall. 2009 would be pcw160.ini for peachtree complete.

With multiple versions, you may step on another version doing this, but I have gone into the commom folder and deleted peach and pervasive folders and deleted the peachinst folder in windows also.

Yes, 2008, akd 2009 are very difficult to uninstall, the problem seems to be fixed in 2020.
To be clear: I didn't say PT 2006 & 2008 don't work. What happened is: that since following instructions given here I cannot open 2009 after I've been in 2006. Once I close 2006 and want to open 2009 I get a btrieve error and have to reboot to be able to go into 2009. I was not getting this error before.

All I want to do is uninstall 2009 and start over.

Thanks,
Sharon
Old 02-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to Marques Ward Send a message via Yahoo to Marques Ward
Here is a post I put up previously:
To remove Peachtree 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Uninstall Peachtree via the Peachtree CD.
2. Go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and remove Pervasive.
3. Go to My Computer, the C: drive and delete the PVSW and PVSWARCH folders
4. Double-click on WINDOWS or WINNT, for Windows 2000 and delete the “PeachInst” folder.
5. Go to the C:\ Documents and Settings\”users folder name”\Application Data and delete the Peachtree folder.
6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\ and delete the “Peach” and “Pervasive Software Shared” folders.
7. Click the Back button to return back to the Program Files folder. Rename any folders labeled “Sage Software” or “Peachtree” to “oldSage Software” or “oldPeachtree”.
8. Go to Start>Run and type in “regedit” and click on OK.
9. Locate these keys and delete them:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Peachtree
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PEACHW Release (10, 9, 8, or 7)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Peachtree
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Pervasive
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Pervasive Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PEYX489ZK
10.* Go to Start>Search>All Files and Folders (For Files and Folders in Windows 2000). In “All or Part of the File Name” type in p*.ini and click Search. Once the search is over, click on Name at the top of the page to alphabetize the list and look for PFA140.ini, PAW140.ini, PCW140.ini, PPA140.ini, PPAC140.ini, PPAM140.ini, PPAD140.ini, PPAN140.ini, PPAA140.ini, PTX140.ini or PTXA140.ini. If you see any of these files, delete them.
11. Go to Start>Run, type in %temp% and click OK. Delete everything in this folder that can be deleted. (NOTE: There are some files and folders that cannot be deleted.) Close the window.
12. Go to Start>Run, type in C:\Windows\Temp and click OK. Delete everything in this folder that can be deleted. (NOTE: There are some files and folders that cannot be deleted.) Close the window.
13. Reboot PC to complete the removal of the Peachtree program.

*Version 2008 is 150, 2009 is 160.

I would check this and see if there is anything you missed previously