PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 02-04-2010, 09:48 AM

Smile Peachtree 2009 - emailing invoices with gmail

Hello,
Our company switched our corporate email to gmail. I'd like step by step instructions on how to configure our Peachtree 2009 system to email invoices directly to clients using gmail. Thanks in advance for the help. Denise
Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM

I have a similar problem. I installed PCA 2009 on a new 64 bit Windows 7 computer. things seem to work except for email. I did away with the email service I was using thru my ISP and switched to Hotmail. I want to send invoices, but I get an error message that a file is missing or corrupted. So, as per instruction I re-install, but still get the same message. I can't find any instruction on how to reset the email program. Anybody have an answer?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to Marques Ward Send a message via Yahoo to Marques Ward
Peachtree has told me that windows 7 requires ie8. Unfortunately, 2009 used ie7. This is the paragraph from their website:

Minimum System Requirements
• 1 GHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) for single user and multiple users
• 256 MB of RAM for single user and 512 MB for multiple users
• Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
• 1 GB of disk space for installation
• Internet Explorer 6.0 required; Internet Explorer 7.0 supported
• Microsoft .NET Framework CLR 2.0 (provided on CD. Requires an additional 150 MB)
• At least high color (16 bit) SVGA video; Supports 1024x768 resolution with small fonts required
• 2x CD-ROM
• All online features/services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps modem
Old 02-07-2010, 08:29 PM

Peachtree 2009 is not totally compatible with Windows 7. Specifically, the Peacfhtree 2009 e-mail feature is not compatible and Sage Software / Peachtree has stated that it will not be updated to be compatible. Peachtree 2010 SR1 is the first level of the program that will allow e-mail services with Win7.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Rick, I think that really sucks. A business as small as mine can not afford to shell out hundreds of dollars a year for a new accounting program. I think if Peachtree doesn't upgrade PCA2009 when it is still an operational program, they should at least offer a HUGE discount for the 2010 model. I bought PCA2009 expecting to fully use it for 3 years. this really pisses me off. I may have to install Windows XP on my new computer just to run f*cking Peachtree.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 PM

Paintsit:

I can understand your feelings. Peachree's position was that Windows 7 came to market approx. 18 months after Peachtree 2009 was released. Peachtree 2010 was released approx. 6 months before Windows 7 became available. Peachtree 2010 had to be updated with a Service Release or SR1 (September, 2009) in order to allow it to be Windows 7 e-mail compliant. So, Sage Software / Peachtree's position is to keep their current product compliant with the current Windows OS that is similarily current during its period of being current.
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 PM

It is my understanding that Peachtree Accounting products are viable for 3 years. To me this means all necessary updates should be made thru 2011 in the 2009 module. Not doing so is just another way to get customers to pay for a new program. IMHO this is totally wrong. It is unacceptable to me that there is no email capability with Windows 7. I would think this is an easy fix for Peachtree/Sage.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:25 PM

At least once ever year, at the beginning of the year, Office Max has PT Complete - always the latest version, on sale for $99 dollars. That is when my clients & I upgrade.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:42 AM

I ended up purchasing PCA2010 on Amazon for around $112 delivered. At least this is an acceptable price. I installed it as an upgrade, and my data seems to have transfered flawlessly. I have not tried the email module yet, but I do like the ability to have more than one company open at a time. Now.....if only Peachtree was compatible with Turbotax.....is there a way?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM

Email with Complete 2010

I have Complete 2010 installed on an windows 7 64 Bit Professional system. The email feature has stopped working. About 2 weeks ago, I upgraded to Professional from Home. Before I upgraded, the email feature would only work if I had Outlook open when I tried to email a PO, invoice, etc. Now I get all the dialog boxes but it never gets to the point where I see the actual email with the attachment. Does anyone else have this problem or are there any known issues? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 PM

Be sure that you have downloaded and installed SR1 - Service Release for Peachtree 2010. This update addresses E-mail features for Win7. You can click on SERVICES and CHECK FOR UPDATES. You can also click on HELP and About Peachtree and look for the build number 17.0.01 plus a reference to SR-1 on the line above.
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 PM

Thank you. I have SR-1 and the build you list. I also tried removing the email writer v3 and reinstalling it by running the installAyumi program and then renaming as I saw elsewhere in the Peachtree knowledge base. Ultimately, I totally uninstalled PT2010 and reinstalled and updated to SR-1. Still the same problem.
Here is info from About Peachtree:

Release: Peachtree Complete® Accounting 2010 (SR-1)
Build: 17.0.01.0801

I also had PT check for updates just to make sure I wasn't missing something and there are none available. Also, I am using Outlook 2007 as my default email program.

What little hair I have is being pulled out!!! Thanks for any other ideas.
Lou
Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 PM

I, too, am trying what Deverelle (initial post of this string) is trying, to get gmail as the default email when emailing out of Peachtree. We use 2010 Quantum. Has anyone had success in using a web based email client instead of a windows?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM

I downloaded the Complete Accounting 2010 Service Release 1 and I'm getting an error saying that I don't have Peachtree installed!! then when I turn peach tree on and and run the update it says I can't run it while Peachtree is on.

WTF