PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Installation Problem

I am trying to upgrade from Complete 2010 to Premier Accounting 2011 - Multiuser. I ran Data Verification, closed an old year, and ran the Purge Wizard this past weekend to prepare. All worked for the past two days. Tonight I started the installation of 2011 on the server. Turned off anti-virus as instructed. The installation seemed to go well for a while, then a dialog box came up titled "peach.exe - Application Error". Inside the box it said "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled; Process ID = 0X874 (2164) Thread ID = 0x9d8 (2520); OK or CANCEL". I selected OK and the installation appeared to finish, but once I tried to open Peachtree, I got the same Application Error box. I tried numerous times, receiving the same message, though I did notice the Process ID numbers and the Thread ID numbers changed each time.

I used the installation disk to try to REPAIR, but got the same error half way through. I then used the installation disk to try to UNINSTALL and got the same result. I then used Windows to return to a Restore Point before the installation. That seemed to work, taking me back to version 2010 this afternoon. However, when I opened it, I was asked to register(That was odd). I used the old 2010 serial number, registration number, and my customer number. Then I tried to open Peachtree 2010 and got a dialog box saying that 2010 serial number was already in use with the maximum number of computers. It suggested I wait a minute and try again. Of course, I'm the only one here and all the other computers are turned off. I later tried to open Peachtree on a workstation, not the server, but I got the same result.

Where do I go from here? We are without accounting software until this gets fixed.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Peachtree Knowledgebase Answer ID 19089 addresses this error message.

Question
I am receiving the error message You Cannot Use Peachtree right now because the serial number(s) you have XXXXXXX are already in use by the maximum number of computers. How can I correct this?

Answer
Note: This article contains information about how to modifying the registry. It is strongly recommend that you backup the registry before you modify it. You should perform these steps only if you are familiar with editing the Windows Registry. Please contact your local IT Administrator or Computer Consultant for assistance if needed.

1. Close Peachtree.
2. Press the Windows logo and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
3. Type regedit in the Open box.
4. Browse to the following in the Registry Editor window that appears:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PEYX489ZK

5. Highlight the PEYX489ZK key and select Delete from the Edit menu.
6. Close the registry screen.
7. Go to Start, Search, Find Files and Folders.
8. Change the Look In to the location of your Peachtree datapath. (If you are unsure of the location of your datapath, refer to Answer ID 21334 located in the Peachtree Knowledge Center.)
9. Search for ENV*.* You should find 4 files; envuser.dat, envuser.ptl, envsess.dat and envsess.ptl. Delete these 4 files.
10. Search for and delete Options.dat, Serial.dat.
11. Search for and delete Cosess.*
12. Open Peachtree and open your company.

You may receive an error message advising that Options.dat could not be found. Click through the error and a new Options.dat will be created. You will also be required to enter your serial and registration numbers for the software again.

It is possible that after converting the database, the program did not replace the old DDF files with the new ones. In order to resolve this issue, please follow the steps below.

a.Delete all the DDF files in the individual company folder, then reopen the company. If you are unsure of the location of your company,Click Here
to follow Answer ID 8878.
b.If you get the same reboot message again, delete the entire REPORTS folder in the datapath and run repair.
Note: If running repair does not replace the Reports folder in the datapath, you will need to completely uninstall/reinstall Peachtree to the proper directories.

c.Then repeat the first step, deleting the DDF files from the individual company.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Tidbit of knowledge

Tried Rick's suggestions and got further along, but still had issues. Called in our local computer Tech Support company. He got on the phone with Peachtree. Turns out, the Microsoft NET Framework was not up to date on our server. Once he mentioned that, I recalled noticing a couple of times that Windows tried to install some updates and failed. But everything had continued to work fine, so I didn't worry about it. Well, Peachtree 2011 required those updates. That was why my installation failed.
Lesson learned - Along with performing a back-up before upgrading, also make sure all Windows updates have been installed.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:25 AM

In response to Ricks post / PKA ID 19089,

Complete for Manufacturing, Multiuser,
Win 7 ultimate 64 bit,

I followed all steps and still get the message,
This all happened after we lost ALL reports, consequently leading to a total failure and inability to uninstall / reinstall of the software.

The final resolution was a system restore. The software seems to be functional but can't open the company due to the serial number issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-13-2010, 08:21 AM

apmachine, it sounds like your problem was a damaged registry and files on the operating system. Are you on a netowrk, and can you open it from another computer? You can also try installing Peachtree to another computer and move the data with a copy and paste to see if it can be opened. If you are only having an issue on one machine, then have an IT person copy all critical data off that machine and have the reformat and reload the OS.

If you are getting error messages like the original post, then often it is an issue with the .net framework from Microsoft. Sometimes you have to download the .net uninstalled, remove the .net framework and then reinstall the .net framework from the MicroSoft site.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Added Info

I will also mention when the IT person set about correcting the .NET Framework issue for us, he had to uninstall ALL previous versions of .NET, not just the latest. He uninstalled versions 3.x, then 2.x, then 1.x. Then he started reinstalling them one by one. Obviously, one of the previous automatically-installed updates had a problem.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:10 PM

After a series of stories of young people to suicide after being bullied at school, Saints quarterback Drew Breesdrew brees jerseys 6600 has an anti-bullying public service announcement. "If you think the fun

is not dangerous to someone, you're wrong,"Breesdrew brees jerseys 6600 says the ad."If it feels good to do because everyone else do it you're wrong. Bullying must stop and must start with you. I want the fans

to know that if you make fun of someone because drew brees jerseys 6600 they 're different, so you're not my friend. And if you're been bullied and feel that no one supports you, I want you to know that there

is a support. I agree with you."
==================
cheap nfl jerseys

kobe bryant jerseys

tom brady jerseys

terrell owens jerseys 3900

drew brees jerseys 6600

michael vick jerseys

brett favre jerseys