Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 PM
mooreroy mooreroy is offline
Registered User
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3
Open Closed Year

I am a cash basis tax payer. I failed to convert a payable account before I closed out the 2009 year. How do I reopen a closed year to convert the payable account? I am using PT Premium 2010.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:58 PM
rick Prindivill rick Prindivill is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 5,560
You will need to restore the Peachtree forced backup that was created at the start of the Year End Process as a NEW COMPANY. After correction then re-close 2009. Export each your lists and each of your transaction Journals for all 2011 activities, including your lists (Customers, Vendors, Chart of Accounts etc.) from your current Company. Import the lists first into your newly 2009 Closed Company to allow for any additons, followed by your Purchases Journal, Sales Journal, Payments Journal, Receipts Journals etc for your 2011 entries. Print a Trial Balance for 2010 and compare it to the same report from your original company to check for any 2010 transactions / changes made after closing the original Comany's 2009.
Rick Prindiville
PCO Consulting Services, Inc.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer

Last edited by rick Prindivill; 03-08-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
all contents copyright (c) by AccountingUsers Inc.