PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 04-30-2011, 06:19 AM

IPV6 Disabling Not an Option

Hi,

Not to throw too many stones at Sage... but, I should have learned from lessons of the past with Sage. Between Peachtree and ACT!, I am amazed that database issues are still being accepted by management.

I am currently running Peachtree Complete Accounting 2008 on a Vista system. Opening Peachtree is slow; but, it works. I decided earlier this year to upgrade to Peachtree Pro Accounting 2011. During the installation I received the message about IPV6 creating a problem, and that I should change the default network protocol to IPV4. That sends up a huge red flag.

I run dozens of programs on this Vista system (actually over 100), and not once have I been told I need to do anything to the basic OS operation that will detrimentally affect other programs on this system.

Is this a problem that has been corrected in a service pack, or, does Sage really expect me handicap my system just so I can run their software? (In the meantime, I am going to terminate the install and continue using Pt 2008.) It's pretty easy to understand how people could be mad about this... I gave up being mad at Sage a long time ago. I was an early user of ACT! (no longer), and when I can no longer work with Peachtree, I'll be forced to a different accounting package.

I just want a software package that works, and I don't want to be held hostage to pay for support that shouldn't be required in a well engineered software package.

I'm really hoping there is a fix for the IPV6 issue that I haven't found yet... otherwise the 2011 version I purchased will represent more money I have just wasted on Sage.

Although this has turned into a rant... I really do hope that there is a fix.

Jeff