PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 02-14-2003, 12:27 PM

Peachtree Not Responding

Has anyone encountered this problem? When you go to exit peachtree complete acct 2002, whether going to file...exit or simply clicking the "X" to close the window, Peachtree hangs up and you receive a peachtree not responding error???
Old 02-14-2003, 02:58 PM

I've never encountered this particular problem in all the years I've been running PT. Maybe a problem with your system? How many other applications do you have open with PT? If networked, maybe server problem? Do you regularly defrag your hard drive? Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but maybe gave you some ideas.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:24 AM

Peachtree will hang up whether several applications are open, or if I reboot and only start up peachtree.

This is happening on multiple systems.

It only began a few days ago. We are running a network here with peachtree installed on local machines and the shared data path installed on the server.

Anybody else??
Old 02-17-2003, 08:15 AM

Check the data file path in your .ini file on each workstation make sure it reads X:\peachw (where x = network drive).
Old 02-17-2003, 08:19 AM

Yep it sure does. I've checked and double checked the .ini files on the machines. Nothing has changed since it was working fine and now is not.

The first person to report this to me was the person that is setup as the main account on the UPS shipping software. The only thing that changed on his computer was that he installed a UPS update to the software.

However, I don't use the UPS software, but am encountering the same peachtree problem.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:46 AM

This is not the first time I have seen the UPS software causing problems, I have always been able to fix it by uninstalling Peachtree on the affected workstation and reinstalling. If one person hangs while in the database, it will affect all users.

I would also run data verification on the database after that is done to check for any damage.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:27 AM

Reboot your computer in safe mode with network support and try it. If you have an older machine that does not have network support then reinstall and set both the data and program path to c:\Peachw and then reboot in safe mode and try it with the sample companies. If it does not happen in safe mode then you have a driver or other software that is causing the conflict.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:15 PM

same thing here

Been having the same thing happen to me also, PT not responding upon x'ing. Although we do not nor have ever had the UPS softwear, so it could be a different issue altogether? Anyone else have this happen recently?
Old 02-20-2003, 08:20 AM

Old 06-23-2003, 11:42 AM

Hangs when closing

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem still, or if a solution has been found, but I am having this hanging when closing problem on an XP machine with PT 2002.

The computer is part of a network of PT users and the ini file has the correct data path. Has anyone found a solution?
Old 06-23-2003, 12:55 PM

My neighor runs PT2003 and has same problem.
He told me that he called PT and they said " PT 2003 has problems with XP. PT2004 fixes the problems."

I sure hope so.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:16 PM

As the IT person, I've had enough with Peachtree. Especially when they want you to pay $300 for a support plan just to tell you they can't fix your problem and that the next release should fix it. Forget that, I refused to upgrade to PT 2003 and are in the process of looking for another accounting package.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:07 PM

Smile

Thanks for the info. We are sick of Peachtree too and out grew it several years ago. I am shopping for a new package, but we probably won't switch until the end of the year. (It is the end of our fiscal year too.) I agree with fee for a support system. I have either fixed the problems myself, or ignored them (If I can.) Let me know if anyone has new program suggestions.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:50 AM

I've downloaded a fix to windows that addresses that problem when many virtual (server) drives are open. I don't know the fix but search the knowledgebase @ microsoft.com. It may help--it did me.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:28 AM

If anyone can find this Microsoft article, please post a link to it here. I have tried looking but have been unable to find the right one so far.

Thanks for the suggestion!