Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 01-29-2004, 03:22 PM

Question Company logo on forms

I'm using Premium 2004 and have designed an invoice form.

When trying to embed a bmp image (our logo) on the form, all I see is a rectangle with the image name and a thumbnail of the image.

I've tried placing the bmp image in the Peachtree subfolder, yet it still does not print properly (it prints the rectangle with the image name and a black square).

Any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2004, 03:39 PM

is it actually a logo.bmp? Peachtree will not automatically read every type of image. You may have to use another program to read the image
Old 02-04-2004, 06:13 AM

Question logo

do I have to name the file "logo.bmp"
I tried opening in Paint and saving as a bmp (as it was a jpeg)
But the form continues to print the icon along with the file name?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:56 AM

I have photoshop loaded on my computer. It converts files from jpeg to bmp automatically. Either using paintshop, photshop, compupic, or that type of program you must convert your jpeg file. Perhaps the person that created it can help you. I know www.photodex.com allows you to download a trial version of compupic. I sure there are other choices out there.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Dale
is it actually a logo.bmp? Peachtree will not automatically read every type of image. You may have to use another program to read the image
I saved the image as a .bmp, as well as other file types (tiff, eps, wmf, etc.). It doesn't seem to matter as I still experience the same problem, that is, the logo is displayed as a square "block" in a rectangle with the file name below it (the actual logo image is not displayed).
Old 02-04-2004, 10:12 AM

In my case Photoshop does the conversion from jpeg to bmp. Depending on the software loaded on your computer, for some of us, all images are readable. If not, I believe all you need is a program that converts the image. I will upload my jpeg. If you can insert it into your invoice by clicking on Object and choosing Create from file and Browse. When you choose that jpeg image, it should show it in your invoice. If it does not display, you need a photoshop "type" program to convert the image. If you select an actual bmp file from the windows subdirectory, I believe it will display properly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mrpeach.jpg (12.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-04-2004, 10:17 AM

You might also try Paintshop.
http://www.paintshoppro.com/
Old 02-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Dale
In my case Photoshop does the conversion from jpeg to bmp. Depending on the software loaded on your computer, for some of us, all images are readable. If not, I believe all you need is a program that converts the image. I will upload my jpeg. If you can insert it into your invoice by clicking on Object and choosing Create from file and Browse. When you choose that jpeg image, it should show it in your invoice. If it does not display, you need a photoshop "type" program to convert the image. If you select an actual bmp file from the windows subdirectory, I believe it will display properly
Sorry if I seem confused here Jim, as it seems to be fairly straightforward. However, it's not working.

I've right mouse, and "saved as" your jpg image as a bmp to (for example) c:\windows subdirectory (not saved to c:\program files\peachtree). I've then opened the bmp image in Adobe Photoshop 5.5. Then "resaved" as a bmp to ensure that the conversion is done. When inserting the Object as Create from file, Browse, the image is still displayed as an icon (even though the "display as icon" is not selected.

Feel free to walk away from this if I'm being a dolt... can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong!
Old 02-04-2004, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by maahockey

Sorry if I seem confused here Jim, as it seems to be fairly straightforward. However, it's not working.

I've right mouse, and "saved as" your jpg image as a bmp to (for example) c:\windows subdirectory (not saved to c:\program files\peachtree). I've then opened the bmp image in Adobe Photoshop 5.5. Then "resaved" as a bmp to ensure that the conversion is done. When inserting the Object as Create from file, Browse, the image is still displayed as an icon (even though the "display as icon" is not selected.

Feel free to walk away from this if I'm being a dolt... can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong!
If photoshop is set up you should in Design click on Object and choosing Create from file and Browse. When you choose that jpeg image, it should show it in your invoice. Don't save it as a bmp file. Adobe should handle the conversion and insert the jpeg into peachtree
Old 02-04-2004, 04:30 PM

Question logo

when I try to insert different types of files, I get the error message of: failed to create, make sure object is entered in the system registry.
This happens even on a Word doc.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:58 PM

Re: logo

Quote:
Originally posted by professor
when I try to insert different types of files, I get the error message of: failed to create, make sure object is entered in the system registry.
This happens even on a Word doc.
try one of the downloads I mentioned, are you talking just image/pictures only?