PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 11-10-2004, 07:57 PM

Year end Wizard

I'm trying to close 2003 using the 'year end wizard'. It says that I have unposted transactions. I've changed the Company Info to batch posting, posted all transactions but still get the same error message. I can't get around the "open transactions" barricade.

TIA
Old 11-11-2004, 05:02 PM

make a backup of your company. Switch to batch posting again and then unpost each journal, one at a time. You will likely get an error message about a transaction that cannot be unposted. Write the information down that it gives you, then restore the backup, find the transaction, delete it and then re-enter it exactly as it was.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:59 AM

Year end wizard

Tried unposting each journal and again unposting all journals to no avail. Never got any error messages. Thanx for the suggeston.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:45 PM

Did the post back properly? If you are still getting the error. Change to batch posting. Now go to each journal report for a time frame of all and select you only want to see unposted entries. I have dealt with this error many times before and sometimes it is difficult to find the entry that is damaged. You may want to click on the Data Damaged banner at the top of this page and have it repaired.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:07 AM

Year end wizard

Everything posted back correctly, but it still wont let me run the year end wizard. I even went to each of the 24 periods and unposted each journal with no luck. One would think the software wouldn't allow the data to get to that condition or, at least, there should be a work around in the program

Thanx.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:55 PM

That data checker only checks for physical damage to the files and does not check for logical errors in the database. Just a reminder since you can run the checker, and everything pass but still have the problem.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:33 AM

Year end wizard

I've run all the data checkers, company repair, etc. Still no joy.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:42 AM

Did you switch to batch posting, then go into the Open area for each task and check to see if anything is shoing unposted? You may want to get data repair or technical support to assist in this situation.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 AM

Year end wizard

What do you mean by the "Open area"?

TIA
Old 11-16-2004, 09:30 AM

End of Year Wizard problem

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, I found it searching for an answer to my question. I've been using this software, PCA 2003, since last year, and now I'm trying to close the last Fiscal Year. However, when I ran the Wizard, it said something about having Payments that are still waiting for Billing Information, so I checked each month and found 1 transaction that is marked as Waiting for Billing Information, however there is an invoice number already entered. So, I can't remove the check, nor delete the transaction. How do I clear the box, so I can continue with the Wizard?

Any help, I would very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos
Old 11-16-2004, 11:42 AM

Re: Year end wizard

Quote:
Originally posted by Paver
What do you mean by the "Open area"?

TIA
Go to task, and any transaction area. You will see a button labeled open that shows the transactions you have previously entered.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:06 PM

Re: End of Year Wizard problem

Quote:
Originally posted by jdonoso
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, I found it searching for an answer to my question. I've been using this software, PCA 2003, since last year, and now I'm trying to close the last Fiscal Year. However, when I ran the Wizard, it said something about having Payments that are still waiting for Billing Information, so I checked each month and found 1 transaction that is marked as Waiting for Billing Information, however there is an invoice number already entered. So, I can't remove the check, nor delete the transaction. How do I clear the box, so I can continue with the Wizard?

Any help, I would very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos
Could someone please help me with this problem?? I can't find a solution anywhere else and my boss in bugging me out with this.

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Juan Carlos
Old 11-17-2004, 01:59 PM

You may want to just click on the data damaged banner at the top and have it repaired then. As stated before, I have handled this error before and always been able to correct it but there are always exceptions.