PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 08-31-2005, 05:49 AM

Sharing Violation

Installed PTP06 on a peer-to-peer network with XP Home. I seem to have no problem with having the software open on 2 different computers for the most part. However, I tried to change the ID on a GL Account and I got a sharing violation. I closed the other system out of PT and thought that would help, but I still got the violation. I had to shut the secondary computer down altoghther (disconnect from the shared drive) to be able to access this functionality. Any ideas???
Old 08-31-2005, 06:41 AM

Disable Windows Write Behind Caching feature and increase the file handles statement in Windows Conifg.nt file. Go to MY COMPUTER, PROPERTIES, DEVICE MANAGER, select the properties of the local hard drives, and POLICIES. Remove the check mark on ENABLE WRITE CACHING etc.

Go to START and RUN type CONFIG.NT and open this file with NOTEPAD. Go to the last line and change the line FILES=40 to FILES=199 on the workstation and to FILES=250 on the host computer.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 09-01-2005, 01:29 PM

thank you so very much - I will try that.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:47 PM

that worked .....you are wonderful! thanks!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:24 AM

I have had great success with the fix you gave me until yesterday when I had another issue. Same error message but I got it this time when I was trying to change accounting periods to go back to July to do a bank reconciliation. I checked all the settings that I had changed last week and they were fine. Any ideas on this?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:52 PM

Check the properties on the Network Interface Cards (NIC's) in each computer and disable all POWER MANAGEMENT settings. In Windows / Control Panel click on Power Options and disable HIBERNATION. Also check the power settings for the Hard Drive and the time settings for disabling the hard drive on the host compter. Following this, you can perform a power reset on the network's Switch. Seemingly, the file locks are not being reset in a timely manner or they are not being reset period (typically due to improper exit or shut down of Peachtree).
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 09-20-2005, 01:57 PM

how do I check the power settings for the hard drive? I clearly see how to turn off hibernation, but the last half escapes me.
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Right cllick on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES. Now click on the Tab labeled HARDWARE and then on DEVICE MANAGER. Click on the Plus sign to the left of the icon listing Disk Drives. Right click on the line referencing the actual hard drive
i.e. WD -xxx and select Properties. Now if this is Win XP, click on the TAB labeled POLICIES. Here you will remove the check mark adjacent to the section "Enable Write Caching on the disk". Do this on all workstations and servers, for all drives.
Sage Certified Trainer